In recent years, the Toyota Tacoma has become a popular choice among pickup truck enthusiasts, thanks to its solid performance, durability, and impressive fuel efficiency. For potential Tacoma buyers, the size of the gas tank is an important factor to consider before making a purchase decision. In this article, we will discuss the 2021 Toyota Tacoma’s gas tank size and provide some important contextual information.
Fuel Tank Size
In the 2021 Toyota Tacoma, the fuel tank size remains unchanged from previous models. The standard gas tank capacity for this pickup truck is 21.1 gallons (79.9 liters). This size provides drivers with a decent range for accomplishing daily tasks or long road trips without the need to refuel frequently.
While discussing gas tank size, it’s also essential to have an understanding of the vehicle’s fuel efficiency. The 2021 Tacoma models featuring a 2.7-liter inline-4 engine provide an estimated fuel economy of 20 miles per gallon (mpg) in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. Models equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine offer an estimated fuel economy of 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. These fuel efficiency figures vary slightly depending on the specific model, trim level, and whether the truck is equipped with 4×2 or 4×4.
Comparison to Competitors
When it comes to competitors in the midsize truck market, the Toyota Tacoma faces stiff competition from models such as the Chevrolet Colorado, Ford Ranger, and Honda Ridgeline. In comparison, the 2021 Chevy Colorado has a fuel tank capacity of 21 gallons, the 2021 Ford Ranger comes with an 18-gallon fuel tank, and the 2021 Honda Ridgeline’s gas tank size falls slightly larger at 19.5 gallons. This comparison shows that the Tacoma is on par or even slightly ahead of its competitors regarding fuel tank size.
In conclusion, the 2021 Toyota Tacoma comes with a 21.1-gallon fuel tank, offering drivers sufficient size for most driving situations. Its fuel economy performance is also on par with competitors in the midsize truck market. When making purchase decisions, potential buyers can use this information alongside other factors such as engine performance, towing capacity, and interior features to find the best Tacoma model to suit their needs.
Before purchasing a 2021 Toyota Tacoma, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with the various steps involved in the process. This step-by-step guide aims to assist prospective buyers in navigating the factors involved in choosing the right Tacoma model and understanding its fundamental features, including the gas tank size.
Step-by-Step Guide With Bullet Points
- Research: Begin by conducting thorough research on the Toyota Tacoma, focusing on the 2021 model year. Investigate its specifications, engine options, trim levels, and available features.
- Gas Tank Size: Understand the importance of the 2021 Tacoma’s 21.1-gallon gas tank size and fuel efficiency, particularly when comparing it to competitors such as the Chevrolet Colorado, Ford Ranger, and Honda Ridgeline.
- Consider Performance and Towing Capacity: Evaluate the Tacoma’s overall performance, engine options, and towing capacity to ensure its suitability for your intended usage.
- Test Drive: Schedule a test drive at your local dealership to get a first-hand feel for the Tacoma’s driving experience, interior features, and on-road capabilities.
- Financing and Purchase: Determine your financing options and negotiate with the dealer to secure the most favorable purchase or lease terms for your chosen Tacoma model.
Pros and Cons
When considering the 2021 Toyota Tacoma, it’s essential to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of this popular midsize truck. Here are some notable pros and cons:
- Reliable and durable, with a proven track record of long-term ownership.
- 21.1-gallon gas tank size offers sufficient fuel capacity for most driving situations.
- Multiple engine options and available features to suit various budgets and preferences.
- Impressive off-road capabilities, particularly in models equipped with 4×4.
- High resale value, making it a sound investment for the long term.
- Some drivers may find the interior and seating to be less comfortable compared to competitors, particularly for extended periods.
- Infotainment system can be occasionally clumsy, with fewer available features than rival trucks.
- Gas mileage, while competitive in its segment, may still not be enough for those seeking maximum fuel efficiency.
Q: How does the 2021 Toyota Tacoma gas tank size compare to competitors?
A: The Tacoma’s 21.1-gallon fuel tank capacity is on par with or slightly larger than competitors such as the Chevrolet Colorado (21 gallons), Ford Ranger (18 gallons), and Honda Ridgeline (19.5 gallons).
Q: What is the fuel efficiency of the 2021 Toyota Tacoma?
A: Fuel efficiency varies depending on the engine, model, and drivetrain, but estimates range from 19-20 mpg city and 23-24 mpg highway.
Q: Can I customize a Tacoma with a larger gas tank?
A: While Toyota doesn’t offer a factory option for a larger gas tank, aftermarket options exist that may allow for increased fuel capacity. Consult with a reputable modification shop to discuss possibilities and compatibility.
In summary, the 2021 Toyota Tacoma offers potential truck buyers a reliable, versatile option with a solid gas tank capacity of 21.1 gallons. By considering factors like fuel efficiency, engine options, and the truck’s extensive range of features and capabilities, buyers can make a well-informed decision. Thoroughly researching and understanding the vital aspects of this popular midsize truck will ultimately help determine if the 2021 Toyota Tacoma is the right choice for your needs.